These are my Procedures for Safely Working During COVID-19. These procedures are for your protection and for mine, since I am in several high risk categories.
(1) I will continue to wear a mask when I arrive, but customers do not need to. My mask is as much for your protection as mine since I go into many homes and other places and do not know when I might have come in contact with a Covid source.
(2) Obviously, if you (or I) should show any symptoms of COVID-19, we should cancel our appointment and wait until a later time.
Thank you, and I look forward to hearing from you soon!
Grape’s Piano Services
Cleaning your Piano Keys
During this time (and other times ) many people want to keep their keys clean. Here are a few tips:
(1) If you want to disinfect the keys, use alcohol-based disinfectants, not bleach or citrus based.
(2) Spray or apply liquids onto a cloth or paper towel, not on to the piano. Keep the amount of liquid to a minimum. Wipe both the black and white keytops and fronts and the sides of the black keys. Wipe dry with a clean cloth or towel.
(3) If the keys are just dirty, you can clean the keys with a barely damp washcloth, making sure you don’t have water running down beneath the keys. If necessary, use a little mild soap on the cloth. Rinse with another barely damp cloth and dry